- Married 28 years to Lisa
- 25 years in Longmont
- B.S. and M.S. degrees in meteorology from Florida State University, Tallahassee
- 25 years with the University of Colorado — Boulder, and NOAA
- 2 children, 2 grandchildren
- Both children attended public schools in Longmont
- Daughter teaches in St. Vrain (CSU grad) and is married to a CSU grad who is also a St. Vrain teacher
- Son is currently at CSU studying mechanical engineering
My career with CU/CIRES and NOAA falls under the umbrella of atmospheric science. Under that umbrella I’m an expert on surface radiation budget measurements. Think of this as energy from the sun coupled with energy radiated from the atmosphere and earth that all together results in the heating or cooling of earth’s surface.
I’m hopeful I’ll learn a lot from all of you, and I’m sure I will because in the short time I’ve been campaigning my assumed direction of this adventure is already being altered. Feel free to reach out and send me a message HERE.